Is anybody even still here? LJ looks pretty dead from where I'm standing. Anyway, I finally went back to real life; less travelling, more reliable internet, and most importantly, reason to procrastinate again, because taking a break for 18 months doesn't seem to have helped my dislike of studying one bit. I don't think I'll be writing much of anything for now, but I do miss talking about fandom stuff, and gushing over my favorite characters, and overanalyzing every bit of character developement without people rolling their eyes and telling me to have another drink.
So uh, I made a tumblr, because that seems to be where all that shit is happening these days? (Finally ditched the stupid name that 14-year-old me thought was oh so hilarious, too!) Anybody wanna hang out with me there? I'm still not entirely sure how to handle that whole website, really, so for now I'm mostly collecting pretty pictures and ignoring the weird SJW vibe.
I dunno, just wanted to check in with you guys and tell everybody I'm not dead, I guess.
Okay, I think I may have time to write one more (short-ish, maybe 5K) fic before I'm done for at least a year (yeah, I know, I'm sad too. I'll try to stop by and comment once in a while) which will also put my total at 69 which amuses me because on the inside I'm a 11-year-old boy.
Thing is, I have a couple of ideas floating around my brain that I've been wanting to write ever since I joined the fandom, really, but somehow never felt quite like what I wanted to do at that moment and I'm still not sure that I want to sit down and write them *now*.
Sooooo, let's have a poll:
1. You remember the classic 'What if Dean and Sam Had Max's Childhood' thing that everybody turned into 'What If Sam Found Out That Dean Had Max's Childhood'? Because I've always liked the idea of using that scenario and setting it in S6/7/beyond just so Dean actually has a pretty decent point when he shrugs off Sam's concern because, yeah, Dad getting rough during training isn't even in the same stratosphere as half the things they get put through on a regular basis these days. (Childhood trauma? lol, jk, get outa here, Sammy)
2. Teen!Dean high and drunk and with a makeshift tattoo set and loads whiskey to keep going - AKA the story behind that weird tattoo they put on him for the first couple of episodes.
3. (Big, hulky, Post S-3) Sam is drunk and Dean is maybe slightly out of it and is quietly freaking out because Sam looks a lot like Dad and Dad wasn't always particularly nice when he was drunk (I prompted this at one of the hoodie time memes and got an AWESOME fill, but still, my outline won't quite shut up)
4. Pre-fire Winchesters during a hurricane. Dean isn't scared. Not even at all.
5. Something crack-ish about Mary making John sleep on the couch for a couple of eons once they meet up in their combo-heaven.
And the winner is...
Warnings: Mental illness, suicide attempt, drug and alcohol abuse, general Dean issues
Disclaimer: Nothing's mine. Kripke broke the boys. The title belongs to Stephen Fry and the dividers are Pink Floyd.
Summary: Dean's struggle with Manic Depression over the years. Not that it's a struggle. Or even a problem. Sure, he gets sad sometimes, but it's not that bad and anyway, sometimes he also feels really awesome and no matter how often Cassie or Sam or Dad or Bobby or Cas tell him to get help, he does not have a problem.
Written for the spn_gen_bigbang. A million thanks to my beta reader geckoholic and to jesseofthenorth who put up with my car questions.
Now, before you read, check out the amazing artwork colls made for this fic. It's beautiful and gorgeous and I could stare at it for hours.
Did I do something mildly controversial by...not posting?
So, a couple of months ago I left my prompts on spn_rambleon. I was short one, let's say reasonable request, so I prompted a vid to Farin Urlaub's Noch Einmal AND IT GOT FILLED!
click for the awesomest video of all time
You don't even need to understand the lyrics. It's really only about Dean being unnaturally pretty while various evil things kick the shit out of him.
Disclaimer: Not my boys. Kripke broke them long before I ever got to them.
Summary: post S7 Curtain!fic with a twist? I don't know. The Winchesters have a little guest who's probably there to stay.
See that icon? Yeah, this isn't really what the icon makes you think of, I promise.
Technically written for the Curtain fic&art week on hoodie_time, but that only starts in two days and I'll be out of town for the next couple of weeks with questionable internet access, so I suppose this is just for me :)
( Thing is, Sam’s never really thought about it at all. How watching his little, four-year-old life burn to the ground like that screws up a kid way worse than John Winchester ever could.Collapse )